#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Friday, August 8, 2014

"It's the time of your life so live it well."

Well another great week has past. The weather down here has been really strange. I guess it's the coldest it's been this time of year in years. It rained Wednesday-Friday.  It always makes tracting fun. We were out in the rain and I prayed for it to stop and it did. I told Sister Bithell and she said she had been praying that it would keep raining, so I prayed that the rain would start back up again, and it did. We both thought that God had a good laugh at us. 

Speaking of Sister Bithell, she is amazing! She is an amazing missionary. She is training me! She's so good, ougthh she is very hard on herself. I always find myself giving her the same advice my trainers gave me, and she totally reminds me of me when I was in her shoes. 

Thanks for sending the package, I loved it! The cookies are all gone, and I just finished up some fruit snacks. Thank-you! And I love that joke about "tracting!". I love all the pictures you send each week. One of the Elders here is from a ranch so we always show each other pictures of what is happening back home. Both are dads said they took the bulls out this week. Oh and the superduty is looking fine as always. 

We saw a lot of miracles this week. The Lord truly is mindful of each one of us. Sister Bithell and I went to see a part member family that I haven't ever met. I know sisters in the past saw them, but for different reasons stopped going. I felt impressed to see them, though I was a little nervous because I wasn't sure how they would receive us. Well they invited us right in and we talked for a while and said we were more than welcome to come back and share a lesson. It was a dream come true! It went great! 

Oh and we saw the girls this week!!! YAh!! We talked with them about the Holy Ghost and taught them how to look up scriptures and then we read the scriptures and talked about them. I felt like a mom, it was really sweet and fun! Memaw, the girls grandma was there. I can't remember what I was talking about, but somehow I started relating something from The Man From Snowy River, and then I asked if she'd seen it. Memaw got all excited and said that she loves it! I about died! It was the best!!! Sometimes when I get frustrated I hum "Clancy's theme" (the part when he's riding to the Harrison's and he's humming). It's a good stress reliever. 

We are working hard here in Good ol Texar. I can't believe that it's August, time flies when you're having the time of your life. "It's the time of your life so live it well." 

Yall be safe and have a great week!

Love Sister Hartley 

No comments:

Post a Comment