#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"Remember Lot's Wife" by Elder Holland.

I've been in Jackson about a week. It is very, very different than Texarkana. With all the changes that have taken place I have found myself a lot this past week living in the past, mainly Texarkana days. I saw my old Zone Leaders @ MLC and I about cried, when they reported about the Texarkana zone I yearned to claim it as my zone. I just miss the missionaries, the ward, Amy and Torie, and all those who mean so much to me there. Sister Bithell and I had a couple of talks that we would replay over and over again. One of them is called "Remember Lot's Wife" by Elder Holland. I've listened to it so many times I can about quote the entire thing. A quote from it hit me pretty hard when I was yearning for Texarkana days. Here it is:

"I plead with you not to dwell on days now gone, nor to yearn vainly for yesterdays, however good those yesterdays may have been. The past is to be learned from but not lived in."

It hit me pretty hard, I have some repenting to do. President gave me a blessing of counsel and guidance for being a Sister Training Leader and in the blessing he counseled me to gain my own testimony of where I'm serving and the call I have been given. I've pleaded with the Lord for this, to gain my own testimony of the Lord needing me in Jackson. I have had such beautiful experiences in Texarkana, and I know that they have prepared me to be in Jackson.

Sister Jones and I have a very busy area. We attend both the Madison Ward and the Jackson Branch. The Jackson Branch is a very special place. Sister Jones is very passionate about the Branch, and it is rubbing off on me as well. The roster is 15 pages, and about 30 members attend weekly. We are committed to the Jackson Branch.

MLC was last night and today. Elder Zwick of the seventy instructed us. My life is changed. I am so humbled to be a missionary. It was humbling being surrounded by amazing leaders. The MJM truly has my heart.

I have to go now, the library is closing. It has poured rain most of the afternoon. I love y'all.


Sister Hartley  

No comments:

Post a Comment