#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Praise to the man who communed with Jehovah.


Mississippi Girl

 No yuppie business


A lot of learning curves happened this week. It was made more clear to me that I truly am in the bible belt. We should never have an "expired testimony" as Elder Taylor puts it. We really have to always strengthen are testimony and be consistently renewing it. I've made a goal to get to know the bible more, my knowledge of it has tripled since the beginning of my mission, but it needs to deepen further. I also need to gain a renewed testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. I've seen far to much the effects that happen when we get "comfortable."


Sister Kennard and I worked a lot this week with the Jackson branch. I love these people so much, they have changed the way I look at life, and they have taught me that the good life is putting others before yourself. I wish y'all could meet these people. They are amazing. I sent home the pictures from fishing. Boy was that ever a great time. It was just what I needed. We truly need moderation in all things. It felt so good to fish. Sister Michelle is the lady that took us. We've made a deal, she took us fishing last Monday, and I'll be teaching her piano today. God gave us talents to share with others.
Yesterday we were tracting and we ran into a lady from Clinton. We were showing her a Restoration pamphlet and she said that someone at her work was reading the same pamphlet and she told her that that weekend she would find some people who would have a great impact on her life. She made the connection that we were those people. God truly answers prayers, and he truly is mindful of us.

I love y'all. God truly is are Father, and Christ is our advocate.

Sister Hartley.

Southernism: We went to visit some less actives in the branch and the sister that took us out made a little "happy" for each of them. By that she means a little goody bag. Down here their called happies. I like it.




Fishin' in beautiful Mississippi

These sisters went home last transfer. Miss them!


Fishin' in good Ol' Mississippi

 Scriptures are all over the south..even on bank signs!

Christmas Eve


No comments:

Post a Comment