#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Testimony Building Week

Good Monday Morning to ya'll! This past week has been testimony building. Many people here have the sick bug so Sister Bender and I have been a little under the weather, but we are on the mend for which we are grateful.
 
Last Monday night we were teaching an investigator who is very intelligent and likes to talk. We were having a hard time getting are word in because he kept talking about all his preacher friends telling him to stop meeting with us and to get rid of the Book of Mormon. I was so nervous. He kept looking right at me and saying things like, "You see Sister Hartley....." Anyways I kept trying to butt in and speak, but he kept going. We were at the library and it was closing soon so we finally had a chance to speak. I was so nervous and scared, but felt prompted to be bold with him. I stood up and started mapping out a diagram on the board that shows how we have to be baptized by proper priesthood authority in order to make it to heaven. Anyways my voice and hands were shaking the entire time. At the end I looked him right in the eye and bore my testimony to him that I knew that that was the only way we could return to God's presence. The spirit was very strong and he said something like, "Sister Hartley I can see that you really spoke from your heart." He then asked us why all his friends were against the Book of Mormon and him meeting with us. Sister Dailey, being the champ that she is, says to him, "Can I be blunt?" He said yes so she goes on to tell him that they don't want him to read the Book of Mormon because they know if he studies it he will know it's true." After the appointment we went in are car and I just broke down into tears. I was just so overwhelmed with it all! He came to church yesterday and was touched by the testimonies of the congergation, especially the young children.
 
While tracting and teaching this week we have had quite a bit of harsh words and tones spoken towards Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. It really shook me at first. In my personal studies I read Joseph Smith History and my testimony of him and the Book of Mormon only increased. Also so many people like to question us with Bible verses and stuff. All those who have been out less then six months meet with their District Leader once a week to role play and practice. Elder Bradshaw is so good. He always asks us what questions people have thrown at us and he shows us scriptures to use and explains different bible parables to us. He knows his scriptures so well. He showed us an amazing way to teach as well. It was amazing!
 
I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he restored the gospel in these Latter Days. I know that he translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God. I know that the Book of Mormon translation is correct and true! I love it! I love my Savior and am so grateful for him. His name be praised forevermore!
 
Have a blest week!
Sister Hartley

No comments:

Post a Comment