#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sweet, Sweet, Sister Love

Saw Sister Giddins

Tracting In The Rain

Elder Larson (AP) He Is Going Home

Elder Thomas (ZL) He Is Going Home


Zone  Conference

This past week flew right on by. We had so much going on. FridaySaturday, and Sunday we were in Monroe for Zone Conference and then stake conference. Sister Davis's Visa has not come yet; however, three other missionaries in the MJM got theirs. The closing hymn at zone conference was "I'll go where you want me to go." and while we sang it Sister Davis wept and by the end of the song all three of us were crying. I have faith that she will receive it shortly. She needs to. She works so hard.
 
We had a miracle this week. The Elders gave us a referral for someone in are area. Her name is Jenette and she is blind (there is blind school here in Ruston, it is super neat!) Anyways we taught her a little bit and gave her the Book of Mormon on cd. She is so sweet. When we invited her to be baptized she spoke of how she had never been baptized before (a rare thing for the south). She said that if she knew it was true she would be baptized! Ya!
 
Many of those whom we are teaching are not progressing. I have so much faith and I see so much potential in all of them, but I can't use their agency for them, though it's tempting. We have been diligent in our tracting, but we have not found the elect here quite yet. After we did numbers last night I just looked at all the low numbers and began to cry. We talked about it as a companionship and I spoke of how I felt we needed more faith and diligence in our finding. We have committed to be diligent at talking to all those whom we come in contact with. There's someone prepared here in Ruston, we just need to faithfully find them.
 
The members down here are so sweet to us. Sweet sweet Sister Love gave us a ride and after we all get in the car she starts handing out chicken salad sandwiches and a Dr. Pepper :) ! She's so sweet. I look around and find that all the cars left in the parking lot are members who drove missionaries and we are all eating from coolers and such. It was just a sweet tender moment! It sounds simple, but it was so sweet to see.
 
Zone Conference was really good. It was good to see President and Sister McDonough for three days in a row. President says, "Sister Hartley I see you don't have as many layers on today." I just laughed and said, "President I hung my coat out in the foyer because I'm trying to be tough today!" Then I checked my email from him and this is what he wrote, "It was also wonderful to be with you at the Monroe Stake Conference. Finally, a meeting without gloves on." :) I have the best mission president!
 
Well that's all for this week. Time is going by fast. Transfers are next Tuesday so I wont be emailing until then. I'm pretty sure I'll be staying put in Ruston. That is what I want. There's still someone I need to teach here.
 
Sister Hartley
Ruston Missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment