#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Thursday, December 4, 2014

"What made y'all stop at our door?"

Oh sweet sweet family. Oh how I love y'all! You mean so much to me. The start of the holidays has got me somewhat homesick, but in a good way. :) The good Lord has been so good to the Hartley family. I love you all so much, and I miss y'all. BUT I am LOVING my mission. I just love it here. The Lord has shown miracles to Sister Jones and I this week. It has been amazing. As Elder Zwick says, "The Lord has his boots on the ground." He's hastening his work and we're doing everything we can to keep up. We saw so many miracles this week!

I was on exchanges on Saturday and we went to see a less active member in the Jackson branch. Her visiting teacher was so nice as to accompany us. Sister Eschler and I didn't know what to plan to share in companion study because neither of us knew her. We just followed the spirit and felt to share how the Book of Mormon and Bible work together to clarify and expound doctrine. When we went inside we noticed that she had her Book of Mormon laid out. (good sign!) The conversation went on and she kept saying that she always reads the bible, but hasn't read the Book of Mormon in a long time (I think years) because she couldn't find it. Well, she found it about two weeks ago. She also said she hasn't been to church in at least a year. Well the Lord is merciful because the message we had planned to share tailored perfectly to her! And guess what?!? She came to church yesterday! Oh it was a miracle! Oh the Lord is so good!

We've had so many tracting miracles this week! We were out in a nice neighborhood and a lot of the people weren't giving us the time of day. We knock on the last door and this young dad lets us in and goes to get his wife. We introduced the Book of Mormon and neither of them said much, until the end. The wife asked, "What made y'all stop at our door?" We explained that the spirit led us. Her husband then said that just before we knocked on the door they were having a talk about the scriptures, and then we knocked and are offering them another book of scripture. Oh isn't the Lord so mindful of us all!

We have found so many people to teach it's wonderful! I love it. Oh I love it I love it I love it. I need to go though, we have had a busy day. It's operation Christmas Prep P day. haha We've decorated are apartment and are getting things all ready! I love it! Love y'all!  We're so very blessed!

Love y'all
 Sister Hartley
                                                                 

Help cook Thanksgiving dinner in the mission home.
                         
                                

                                



No comments:

Post a Comment